Shelby's TNT experience

A blog of my experience with Team In Training. Friends & Family can follow my interesting journey from being a person who cannot stand to run to a person who will hopefully cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon Febuary 1st!

Friday

Got shoes, Got motivation - ready to start!

Wednesday evening I went to Metro Sport and got fitted for my running shoes. I hate big white sneakers... but I know this isn't a fashion contest, I'm just glad that I now have shoes that are right for me and will help me to not have any injuries.

Although... I'm a little concerned because I wore my new shoes yesterday on my daily walk (about 2.5 - 3 miles) with Alison and near the end my right knee was sore, the muscle above the knee. I'm REALLY hoping that it's just because the shoes are new!

Tomorrow morning I am meeting TNT, all the couches, mentors and fellow participants at the Sports Basement at Crissy Field for our first training day. I think they said we will be doing 2 miles. Walking 2 miles? Psssh... no problem! Running? Eeek! ... I'll do my best - we'll see! I'll let you know how it goes! Hope the shoes break in ok!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home