Shelby's TNT experience

A blog of my experience with Team In Training. Friends & Family can follow my interesting journey from being a person who cannot stand to run to a person who will hopefully cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon Febuary 1st!

Friday

12.25 MINUTE MILE

Every Wednesday night is track night at Keazar Stadium with the coaches. We met at 6:15pm and did a "warm up" jog for 15 minutes. I say "warm up" in quotes because a mile for me is not a warm up! lol.

Then we did 2 miles for time so we could track our progress. My first mile was 12.25... Not as bad as I thought, but definite room for improvement I suppose! I pretty much kept the pace of a slow jog for 3/4 and walking 1/4 for the 2 miles. However, I messed up my official 2 mile time... after the first mile Annie took a walk break and I kept going, thinking she'd probably catch up with me when I took my walk break. She never did catch up with me so I was running the last mile by myself, but Annie later told me she could see me the whole time, about 1/4 mile ahead of her. So on my 7th lap I see another girl, Angie and she said she was finishing her last lap which made since because I had one more to go... so I thought. I really did! I finished my "last lap" and the coach called out 22.27. Well that is definitely NOT my time! There is no way I got faster the last mile! I started to walk down the track to do a cool down and looked up to see Annie jogging a bit in front of me so I sprinted up to catch her and asked her if she was on her last lap, she said yes. I told her what happened and she agreed I should also be on my last lap too since I was always 1/4 ahead of her. Oh well. I ran the last lap with her and we got the time of 27 minutes something. So my final time was a little off, would would have been a tad less had I not stopped, thinking I was done! HA! Hence why I either need a counter or to stay with a buddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home