Shelby's TNT experience

A blog of my experience with Team In Training. Friends & Family can follow my interesting journey from being a person who cannot stand to run to a person who will hopefully cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon Febuary 1st!

Friday

Happy Holidays!! Monday my personal day off

I knew the holidays were going to be rough for training...

Monday 12/22 I met up with the gang to do our morning buddy run, painful as usual - my body is just so tired and stiff on Mondays. Once I'm done with the run I feel awesome and ready to conquer the Monday, so that's a good side.


I took off this Monday for some holiday lazy time since I wasn't taking off any other extra days during the holiday season. Garrett and I met a friend for breakfast in Union Square and started with Irish coffees. No comparison to the divine Buena Vista Irish coffees, but good enough. I mean, it's Monday... I'm not working... it's a beautiful cold day in SF and I am starting it with an Irish coffee... see what I'm saying? :) Then I took Garrett down to see the Macy's window displays with the SPCA puppies and kittens in different dressed up windows, all up for adoption - sooooo cuuuuute! We decided to go see a movie and picked "Yes Man" since it was starting at the right time. Cute/funny typical Jim Carey movie. Garrett & I then wondered about and decided to pop over to the St. Regis Hotel to visit our friend Barrett who bartends there.

After hanging out for a bit, we wondered our way over to the Metreon where I showed Garrett the Martin Luther King Jr. memorial (very cool btw) and then browsed a bookstore. It was 3:30, too early for dinner and we didn't want to leave downtown.... so we saw another movie! 7 Pounds this time. Can anyone tell me what 7 pounds is referring too?? It's driving me crazy! Pretty good movie, but moves kind of slow. So after the movie we went down to North Beach to our favorite mom-n-pop italian restaurant for dinner. The End. :)


PS: Found out what "7 Pounds" refers to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Pounds

Prior to the film's release, the title Seven Pounds was considered a "mystery" which the studio refused to explain. Early trailers for Seven Pounds also kept the film's details a mystery. Director Gabriele Muccino explained the intent, "The [audience] will not know exactly what this man is up to."But, as later revealed in the film, 7 pounds is the average weight of a human heart. [9] The human heart, in fact, weighs about 10.5 ounces in an adult male. [10] Seven Pounds is actually a reference to The Merchant of Venice, and Shylock's demand of a pound of flesh in exchange for a debt.[11] Ben/Tim was responsible for seven people's deaths in the accident, hence he has seven pounds of debt to repay

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_of_flesh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home