Shelby's TNT experience

A blog of my experience with Team In Training. Friends & Family can follow my interesting journey from being a person who cannot stand to run to a person who will hopefully cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon Febuary 1st!

Saturday

Saturday Run - 7 miles in Tiburon

My shoes haven't arrived yet :( With the holiday mail rush, they won't be here until later next week. This made me a little nervous for our run today - 7 miles in Tiburon with my knee issue. Tiburon is just across the Golden Gate Bridge and over to the East past Sausalito. IT - IS - BEAUTIFUL with views across the bay to Golden Gate Bridge on one side and when you look to the South East, the city skyline, uh - just awesome. Well we were again blessed by mother nature with a sunny blue sky day, although 34 degrees, lol... I can get warm running, I'm not sure how warm I can get running in the wet in 34 degrees! I am so thankful and trying to enjoy every moment we train without rain. They rainy season has gotten off to a late start and we should expect it soon. Bugger, but now I am a little more prepared as I got my water resistant jacket! I also got a new shirt that had these weird cuffs, that when in the store and on the hanger, my friend Rebekah and I couldn't tell what the heck they were for. LOL, the minute I put it on, I was like "oh... i see...derr" - you flip the cuff (it's like 1/2 a cuff) over your hand and it makes your hand in a cacoon. You look a little special, but it does the trick. :) Anyway, I talked again with the coaches about my shoes and the upcoming route we were going to do because they mentioned some heels and a steep downhill. They said to just take it slow, pay attention and if I felt any bit of pain to not continue running and they would keep an eye out and come get me. So I told Annie not to worry about me and to go with her own pace, I didn't want to hold her back. My friend Colleen was also suffering from a bit of leg soreness and was going to take it pretty slow, so I stuck with her. We did walk a lot, but still ran a good amount and my knee didn't bother me at all, until about 50 yards from the finish. Nothing really bad, just the very beginnings of soreness leading to pain if I had another few miles to go. So yeah! I felt good and I know that if I keep training and just go at the pace I need to go at, then worst case is that I have to walk more than I'd hoped, but I will still finish the race. Pushing myself too far would only lead to an injury and then I wouldn't be able to do the race at all. Annie & Angie did the 7 miles in 1 hour and 25 minutes, which is great! If my new shoes work out and my knee gets back to normal, hopefully I can be at that same pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home