Shelby's TNT experience

A blog of my experience with Team In Training. Friends & Family can follow my interesting journey from being a person who cannot stand to run to a person who will hopefully cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon Febuary 1st!

Sunday

Saturday Run in Marin


Saturday morning we met up at the College of Marin. It was a bit chilly at 8:30am but going to be a beautiful sunny day... again! (we've been so spoiled and I'm not looking forward to the real winter days!)

We started with a 1/2 mile warm up and then stretching. After that we left in groups to head out on the course for our run. We could choose if we wanted to turn around at the mile mark, the 1.5 mark, 2 mile or 2.5 mile mark depending on our current level. Annie & I chose to turn around at the 1.5 mile mark to make it a total of 3 miles. I did pretty well... I had to walk every so often, but only for about 15 seconds here and there and kept a good, although slow, pace. My right foot was bothering me a bit so that was annoying. It started with the tips of my toes being a little numb, so I untied my shoes and retied them, thinking they might have been too tight. Then while running, the arch had a tight pain and the right edge had a dull pain. I talked to some of the coaches and it could be a couple of things: 1) if it happens again I should stop and mess with my laces, because you never know when they might be putting the slightest pressure on a specific nerve or 2) I sprained my ankle about 3 months ago, so it could be a little weak still and I need to strenghten my foot/ankle with stretches. It didn't bother me last Saturday, Monday or Wednesday so we'll see.

After the run and more stretching we all went up to Coach April's house on the hill for fruit, juice & pancake breakfast! Not only were the pancakes awesome as well as all the fresh fruit everyone brought, but the view was amazing. The whole patio and front of the house has a completely open view of Mt. Tam.

As the season goes on I hope to have more pictures of the team to show you. I am meeting a lot of great people, survivors, and team members who's friends or family are battling the disease. I am in awe of them and am glad that my own personal challenge is also helping to fight for such a great cause. Every little bit helps!! To donate, click here. Thank you Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home