Shelby's TNT experience

A blog of my experience with Team In Training. Friends & Family can follow my interesting journey from being a person who cannot stand to run to a person who will hopefully cross the finish line of a 1/2 marathon Febuary 1st!

Monday

SATURDAY 12/06 - coach run


My Mom arrived Wednesday night for a Xmas visit since I won't be going anywhere this year. Thursday and Friday I took off work and we had fun in the city... Irish coffees, Beach Blanket Babylon, Union Square, Ferry Building, Hays Valley window shopping, lots of yummy food... it was a fun time!

However, after going to bed about 1am after going to Top of the Mark, I got to wake up at 7:00 and go to Sports Basement to meet up with TNT for our Saturday coach run. I didn't have my car this weekend, so thanks to Annie for picking me up and Angie, needing to leave right after then run also, for taking me home, I was able to go. I would have attempted to run by myself but I can guarantee you that I would not have done 5 miles by myself! Time: 1:15 - not fast, but not too shabby for me either :)

We ran from Sports Basement down to the water and down towards Fisherman's Warf and turned around, 5 miles total. As always I had to walk for about 30 seconds here and there, but overall I think I am doing pretty darn good! Annie, awesome lady, ran the entire way, even up the hill we had!! We still stay together for the most part, I am about 10 feet behind her when I walk a bit, but I can usually catch up to her when I start running again. Thank goodness for running buddies!!! In the picture are some of our coaches: Coach Jeri, Coach Bill, Coach Arthur and Coach Gigi.

1 Comments:

At December 9, 2008 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Gina said...

you are makin great time for 5 miles, girl! keep up the good work!
gina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home